Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Places

I get so excited when I get to go to new places for work, especially new places that I wanted to visit but never got around to it.  Last week I went to Marblehead which is an old seaside town with crowded little streets next to the ocean.  The houses are packed together and most houses display a plaque with the name of an old {famous} sailor that once lived there.




Even better than my first visit, when it was getting late and I couldn't explore much after I was finished working, I will be going back tomorrow and hope to have more time.  I'm also very excited since we are in the middle of a crazy heat wave and my air conditioner AND fan have chosen this week and last to stop functioning {I think the air conditioner can be fixed, I just have to find the manual to find out why it's creating lakes that leak through the floor and short out the electrical wiring...}.  I'm not a summer person by any stretch of the imagination, but I love the other 3 seasons and even in winter I drink iced coffee, as those who work with me can attest to.  It will be great to spend tomorrow in a town on the ocean where it is so much cooler than the city and inland.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...