Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chalkboard Decor

I see blogs debating whether or not chalkboard walls are over {is any trend really over if you truly love it?}.  The styling in Anthropologie's new catalog answers that question as far as I'm concerned.  They used the chalkboard walls to "furnish" the rooms, adding crown and base molding, carpets, artwork, flooring, books and even a spilled pot - complete with pulverized chalk dirt.  Perhaps I love it since, as an interior designer, I'm used to drawing elevations and floor plans, but I really love this idea.








I wanted to use these curtains, above, in a project.  But, unless they go on sale {please Anthropologie?}, they are too expensive for the budget, so I'm looking for a similar style but cheaper fabric and hoping I find one.

{photos: Anthropologie catalog - found via Poppytalk}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...