Sunday, May 16, 2010

Whittemore House

My new favorite place to get my hair cut is Whittemore House in the West Village.  I booked an appointment here on a whim {after some research to make sure I wasn't just being impulsive} and left for Manhattan with a promise to a friend that I would be open to something a bit different.  I left the salon with the best haircut I've ever had.

I'd like to think I selected this particular place mostly because everyone on the website had great hair, but part of me knows that some portion of my decision was made because of the interiors.  The salon is in a historic 1830s mansion that was part of the underground railroad.

The best way I can think to describe the interiors is a mix of glamour and rock and roll. The more glamorous details like the venetian mirrors and nail head trimmed wainscoting in the bathroom are offset by the slightly grungy {in a good way} faux finished walls, exposed brick and the chairs spilling stuffing out their sides in the waiting area.





And, yes, I did take a picture in the bathroom.  I couldn't help myself. 

{photos: #1 - Time Out New York; #2 - Daily Candy; #3 - jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...