Monday, April 19, 2010

My New Favorite Furniture Shop

I have been regularly visiting the consignment shop where I purchased my Eames Chair.  It is gigantic, everything is reasonably priced, and the owner and all the people that work there are fantastic.  I'm glad I finally stopped in since in among the country-style items there were so many unexpectedly amazing finds.

I took some pictures of my favorite pieces.  I have a problem with chairs.  I think I like them too much.


A Baughman chair with 70s fabric.






As you can see there are plenty of mid-century pieces and some other nice traditional furniture pieces like the wing-backs and the pair of black and gold Hollywood regency-ish chairs. It's hard to tell from the photo but they are in excellent condition and the fabric is a slightly sparkly {but not obnoxiously so} gold.   When I was there the first time, two middle aged women were talking about reupholstering them and I had a moment where I thought I had to buy them to rescue them from a dull fate. How could they get rid of the sparkle!!

Perhaps I'm not normal.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...