Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stealing Ideas from Across the Pond - v.1

It's no secret that I love Living Etc magazine.  If I were allowed, I would move into any {and every} home featured.  At the end of their home articles they have an ideas to steal with sources from the UK but I wanted to put together a idea board with how to get the look if you are in the States.

Inspiration Photo.  This room was from the January 2008  issue {which I never bought but wish I had}.




Design Board:





#1: Townsend Sofa a less expensive sofa can be found at IKEA.
#2: Chandelier.
#3: Red Brindle Cowhide Rug.
#4: Alpaca Throw.
#5: Nabucco pillow.
#6: Thai Silk Scooter Pillow.
#7: Flower Pillow.
#8: Floating Wall Shelves if you back them with glossy black painted plywood you have the same look. 
#9: Venetian Mirror or a more affordable & simple version or an extra large leaning floor mirror.
#10: Coffee Table but I think I would use something a little more glamorous {and 1/3 the price}. 

Some of the pillows are a bit on the expensive side but pillows are something that anyone can make if they can sew a straight line and then the possibilities are really unlimited as far as the design.  I recover pillows when I want a quick change in a room and the pillow covers can be stored for later use next time you are feeling bored with your room.

{photos: #1 - LivingEtc, #2 - jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...