Monday, January 25, 2010

Hotel Altstadt, Vienna, Austria

I really enjoy hotel design, not only designing them but browsing designs of hotels all over.  I came across the Hotel Altstadt in Vienna, Austria and I really enjoy the glamour of the spaces designed by Matteo Thun.

The corridor is very dramatic with a great damask wallpaper.  It's traditional but modern.



The Felix suite is has a gorgeous chandelier, wooden herringbone floors {which I would love to have someday myself}, an over-sized tufted headboard and an en-suite bathroom on a platform.  Luckily the toilet seems to be tucked into a separate space.  I've never really been big on the bathrooms completely exposed to the bedroom, it looks great but functionally I'd rather they be separate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 The Leonie Guestroom is another of my favorites.  I love the dark colors, dueling damasks and see-through bathroom with the option of privacy.




 

 

 

 


{photos: #1, 3-5, 8-12 - altstadt-vienna; #2, 6 & 7 - kussler/ / CC BY-NC-ND 2.0}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...