Friday, January 22, 2010

Dixie Furniture Co.

I found this little end table/commode on Craigslist by the Dixie Furniture Co. and picked it up last week.




There was no mention in the ad that it would stink like someone had locked themselves in a closed room with it and an unlimited supply of cigarettes for a year.  I loved the inset panels on the front and it's general mid-century happiness so I took it anyway {it was super cheap which helped a lot}.  Since then it has spent a week in my trunk airing out, today I took it out and it will be spending days in the sun and nights in the garage for another week while the weather is good.  After that I think I'll bleach it and lysol it before I start work on it.

I was doing a bit of research on the piece - I'd hate to go crazy painting it white and {perhaps} adding knobs if it was a nice piece - but it seems heavy enough to be made completely out of MDF and my research is turning up nothing so far so I think I'm safe.

I can't wait to start sanding and painting!

{photo: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...