Friday, January 29, 2010

A Bit of Humor for the Weekend

In college {as an undergraduate}, my friends and I would spend hours on end making up stories for people we saw daily but didn't know.  We had complete life stories for the people we knew by sight in the dining commons, regulars at coffee shops and the "townies".  They all had descriptive nicknames as well for easy identification.

I came across Unhappy Hipsters, a website doing a modified version of this but using photographs from Dwell.  It totally made my day so I had to share.

Two of my favorite posts:


You can come out when you can properly explain the differences between Modernist architecture and postmodern ornamentation.


He tried to focus on the novel, and not how much his bedroom reminded him of a plywood coffin.
{photos: Dwell via Unhappy Hipsters}

2 comments:

  1. This blog must be making it's rounds in the design community. I had two architect friends forward it to me last week. Too funny. Makes me re-think forcing children to live in stark modernism...so funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how fast that blog made the rounds. I kept on finding posts on it but it made me laugh so hard I put it up anyway.

    I agree about stark modernism. Sometimes I think I need to get rid of everything and live that way but can you really do it, especially with kids? I'm not sure most kids would appreciate the aesthetic or the freakish cleanliness that seems to accompany it until they were much older.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...