Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bench Cushion

I finally finished making this little bench cushion for the window seat/bookshelf I am making.  I bought this fabric online at Design Diva Fabrics a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, I thought the scale was going to be much smaller than it actually was {I forgot to check the repeat, it was late} so I couldn't use it for it's original intended use.  When I'm doing projects for others I always get a sample, I don't know why I can't follow the same rules for myself. Perhaps I secretly like the surprises.

Luckily I was able to use the fabric for the bench cushion and I'm quite happy with it.


The guts of the cushion is made up of tons of squares of foam I had lying around that I had originally intended to use for something else so I bound them up with some batting and sewed them in.  I used two layers of really thick batting so you can't tell it's more than one piece of foam in there.

I'm hoping having the cushion on top of the bench will be nice for the cat.  Maybe it will keep her from shoving my laptop off the ottoman she has decided I can no longer use.

{photo: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...