Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tory Burch, Nolita Windows

I was walking by the Tory Burch boutique in Nolita and instantly fell in love with the window, and the whole storefront, actually.  The entry is bold and welcoming with the the lacquered orange door with large glass (or lucite perhaps, I didn't investigate) handles helping it stand out and attract attention.



Although I'm not one for the Tory Burch flats with the huge logos on them (I'm not at all a logo person), the logo on the awnings are nicely bold and graphic and I really enjoy the nested 'T' motif on the facade of the building.  It's quite understated but again it distinguishes the storefront from the others.  On a day when it was probably about 15 degrees or below with the wind, it's quite amazing that I stopped to even photograph this as it was unplanned.  Unfortunately the photographs aren't the greatest, you may have to enlarge them to see the details.

 

The window displays were quite simple but interesting.  They seemed to have borrowed the book idea and transformed it into their own and used them as a backdrop to the simple outfit and string 'light necklaces' on the mannequins.

 

From the looks of it, the inside of the store promises to be just as well designed.  I'll have to stop inside some day.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...