Thursday, October 22, 2009

Barneys Window Displays

Perhaps it's obvious, due to my mulitple postings of Anthropologie store windows, but I love store front window designs. I knew who Simon Doonan was before I had ever stepped foot in a Barneys and I love seeing what has been done for the window display more than I actually like shopping.

Displays can be so creative and completely outrageous or more serious and elegant. I was responsible for a store window as part of my job during grad school and would love to do more of them.

A couple of my favorites from Barneys:

A small army of Mister Potato Heads.


A tree made out of metal coat hangers.


I'm planning a Manhattan trip in early December to check out the holiday displays and I can't wait to see what they have installed this year.

(photos: top - ourhero/ / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0; bottom - cbcastro/ / CC BY-NC 2.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...