Thursday, August 6, 2009

Scandinavian Modern

When I stumbled upon these images of what I believe to be Cafe Blom in the Moderna Museet in Stockholm, I had to look twice. It has a design that looks both modern and as if it was pulled from the past. The photos are only a couple years old but the middle photo especially look to me like they are straight from the 50s or 60 which I love. Who says design can't last.




I love the table bases with their shock of almost secret lime green color.

A few months ago, I was ready to purchase two chairs similar to these at a flea market in Manhattan. I was talked out of it since they would have had to be dragged back to my car about 60 blocks away. Needless to say, the person talking me out of it would have been carrying a chair herself. Of course we could have taken them on the Metro, and even if the train was full we would have a seat. When I see them in this picture it makes me wish I had them.

Perhaps someday.

{photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mparzuchowski/ / CC BY-NC-ND 2.0}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...