Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ish & Chi's Studio

Speaking of artwork and DIY projects....

I found images of this studio, by Viv of Ish & Chi, browsing on Flickr, which led to finding her posts on renovating the studio on her blog and was instantly in love. The studio was created out of a portion of her basement and is used for her artwork. You can see a more extensive description of the process and space here.

Blue happens to be a color I can't stay away from, so I think that might be part of the reason I initially loved the space. But the mix of the modern and traditional furniture is perfect.



I am a huge fan of secret pretty things like wallpaper or shelf paper in drawers, behind shelves and in closets. Something that will make people smile when they look inside, and this sideboard certainly does that.


The butterfly mobile is fabulous. I saw a great image in Living Etc last year sometime with butterflies like this all over the wall of a nursery, and this mobile creates the same kind of feel (without all the DIY work).

Viv pays attention to the smallest detail, she even covered her clip boards with fabric before hanging them.


The best way to store fabrics, I have found, is to hang them on hangers and here is the perfect example of how well that works. It makes it so much easier to browse what you have and when you are done browsing you don't really have to straighten like you do with stacks of fabric.


Viv uses these fabrics to create fabric art pieces, like the one below, which she sells in her Etsy shop.


I think that this is one of the more fabulous studios I have seen lately. It has really inspired me to start to tackle all the projects I have been putting off.

Great job, Viv!

{photo: ishandchi}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...