Sunday, July 19, 2009

Indoor Forest

I was at the Natick Mall the other day on a mission and I was wandering through the birch forest that was created in the new wing. I love this new addition by Beyer Blinder Belle since a lot of mall design in the area is particularly boring or horrendously ADD inducing and cluttered {I'm not much of a mall person}.

I have to say one of the best things about this wing of the mall is that it is quiet. Part of that may be the carpet on the upper level which dampens sound, and another part of that may be the price tags on the shops in this section.


There is plenty of seating so you don't have to share a hard bench with anyone if you don't want, you can grab an ottoman under the trees. Kids also like to 'skate' on these things I've heard.


And though the birch tree thing has been done many times, the added silver 'planters' and cascading lines of 'leaves' makes it both beautiful and different.





{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...