Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dancing Table

I love this new table by Joel Escalona, called the Dancing Table. As you can see in the ruffle on the edge, the table has been modeled after Mexican traditional dances and dresses.


I came across it at the ICFF studio by Bernhardt Design and can't help but think of how great the white one will look next to my sofa {once I have reupholstered it}. Unfortunately there are only a limited number available so by the time I've made up my mind, they'll probably be gone.

The table itself is very simple and modern and I have to say it was one of my favorite new pieces at the show this year. The only drawback I can see to the table is the material it is made of. It was made of plastic {fiberglass?} and it didn't seem all that sturdy, meaning it would be more of a show piece than a useful side table.

{photo: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...