Friday, June 12, 2009

Chair, Deconstructed

I visited ABC Carpet & Home last month for the first time.

They have great window displays, and were very into broken and old but interesting looking chairs. This trend continued into the store where they were selling ripped apart chairs with springs hanging out of the bottom. They all had great silhouettes and sturdy frames that with some love could be fabulous one day.


The interior of the store was like a high-end {translation: wicked expensive} Pier 1 imports, it had furniture and accessories piled high and you could spend hours just browsing and still not see everything. 

I fell in love with this floral chandelier in the white section, covered in small white porcelain flowers.  You can kind-of see it hanging over the table, I think it was my favorite item in the store.


The fabric and drapery section downstairs was a huge contrast to the commotion of the upper floors. It seemed very quiet and serene and they had aisle after aisle of beautiful fabrics.


I didn't have as much time to spend inside as I would have liked to so at some point I will have to make a return trip but it was a fun place to see.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...