Thursday, June 11, 2009

Banq, South End, Boston

I recently visited Banq, a restaurant in the South End of Boston. I had been meaning to go for a while to see what had grown in the construction pit near my old job. When I was working in the area they had torn apart the old Penny Savings Bank so there was nothing left but the brick exterior.

The interior was clad with plywood boards and made me feel like I was sitting inside a whale, it was very impressive. I am always excited when a client is brave enough to agree to a design that is a bit difficult to carry out, but I have never been fortunate enough to have a client agree to something like this.



A close-up of one of the columns.


** Update: Banq is now Ginger Park.  Same interior, different restaurant.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...